POSITION SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Service Manager and Service Writer, this candidate primarily performs duties in the service department or at customer’s location. He/She may perform unskilled or semiskilled duties in assigned areas. This employee will remain in the TRAINEE THREE classification for a minimum period of one (1) year. During this period, they shall attend all assigned training classes.
1. Disassemble, clean and reassemble Caterpillar, allied product machines and Ag & Turf/Industrial products serviced by the service department.
2. Measure and identify parts and components for reusability or replacement, ordering new parts as required.
3. Perform all requirements found in Caterpillar and other allied Lubrication and maintenance and warranty guidelines.
4. Attend training classes as directed and obtains passing grades.
5. Timely completion of Service Reports in accordance with HPC Standards.
6. Travel as required within HPC established territory.
7. Must own and be able to use hand tools that are required in the repair of Caterpillar, allied product machines and Ag & Turf/Industrial products
8. Must be able to operate HPC service vehicles.
9. Adheres strictly to HPC safety, housekeeping, credit and other rules, policies and procedures.
10. Maintains a favorable business relationship with customers, suppliers and personnel from other HPC departments.
11. Safety and Housekeeping.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
2. Must have at least one (1) year’s experience in performing servicing, preventative maintenance, vehicle and equipment inspection work including mechanical repairs on automotive or diesel equipment vehicles.
3. PC Skills required.
4. Must have a valid Hawaii Class 3 Driver’s License with a good driving record.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
1. Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
2. Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
3. Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
4. Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
5. Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
6. Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
7. Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain repair or maintenance work.
8. Climbing: In and out of equipment.
9. Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate heavy equipment.
10. Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
11. Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone and in person.
12. Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles.
13. Lying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
1. Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
2. Temp/Weather: Works outdoors or in open shop bay with variations of temperature and weather.3. Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/V/D.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.