EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma or have passed a GED test or can provide verification of all formal classroom study or hands on experience related to heavy equipment repairs.
- Enrollment in an accredited 2-4 year Post Secondary Technical Education Program, with a minimum of one semester completed.
- AA degree from a trade school preferred.
- Must have a valid Hawaii “Class 3” Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Must have working knowledge of Word, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in team environment and possess positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain a flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking: Moves about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Handling: Picks up items, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Up to 60lbs. Daily; frequent exertion.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position. If required to perform various functions of the job.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment and operated heavy equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone, and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment, vehicles, and at desk for long periods of time.
- Driving: Drives company vehicle to and from jobsites on the entire island.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works indoors and outdoors with variations of temperature and weather conditions.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.