EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools, and heavy machinery.
- This position requires the ability to provide accurate information to lead/supervisor.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Must be able to obtain a passing score for the crane qualification test performed by a qualified Hawthorne trainer for this position.
- Ability to work unsupervised efficiently and be part of a team environment.
- Must be able to pass the Lock Out / Tag Out & Forklift certification class provided by a qualified Hawthorne trainer for this position.
- Performs the position with pride in professionalism while following Hawthornes code of conduct.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prefer to have one of the following
- One (1) year of experience in a yard attendant position.
- Possess basic computer knowledge and ability to use Microsoft programs required in position.
- Must have valid California Driver’s License with a good record.
- Yard Attendant: Valid California Class “C” driver’s license.
- Field Requirements: Valid California Class “B” driver’s license, if assigned vehicle is required.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Able to pick up items, helps or works with hands.
- Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts.
- Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Remains in standing position if required to perform various functions of the job.
- Climbing in and out of equipment.
- Read work tickets and parts books.
- Able to communicate by radio, phone, e-mail and in person.
- Sits in equipment and in vehicles.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temperatures/Weather: Works in a warehouse and outside with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.