EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a valid Hawaii State class C driver license.
- Three (3) years experience in the repair and maintenance of Comm. / EPG/ Marine power generation equipment.
- Working knowledge and testing capabilities.
- Advanced diagnostics and troubleshooting of systems.
- High school graduate or have passed a G.E.D. test or can provide verification of all formal classroom study or hands on experience related to heavy equipment repairs.
- Furnish mechanics hand tools and sufficient test tooling to perform diagnostics on Caterpillar adjustments.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be able to document and record site and equipment conditions, prepare written work procedures, and work scope documents. Be able to prepare final reports suitable for presentation to end user.
- Be proficient in computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, CAT ET and SIS, and be able to work with related computer programs associated with system controllers and devices.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles.
- Lying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
- Lifting: Up to 60 lbs. daily, frequent exertion.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works outdoors or in open shop bay with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.