EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must have six (6) months to one (1) year’s experience in performing servicing, preventative maintenance, vehicle and equipment inspection work including mechanical repairs on automotive or diesel equipment vehicles.
- PC skills required.
- Must have a valid Hawaii “Class 3” Drivers License with a good driving record.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often up and down stairs and through uneven terrain.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: In and out of equipment.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service books and operate heavy equipment.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around
- shop and construction sites and to receive communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Sitting: Sits in equipment and vehicles.
- Laying: Lies in prone position under vehicles and equipment.
- Lifting: Up to 60 lbs. daily, frequent exertion.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temperatures/Weather: Works in & outdoors with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.