The Service Communicator ensures the overall efficiency, profitability and reputation of our service shops by providing timely, accurate, and customer-approved estimates, proformas, & invoices for repair work. He or she documents estimates and the necessary repair work according to established industry standards and CAT regulations. He/She will have a working knowledge of the heavy equipment industry, an aptitude and interest in equipment repair, strong administrative, organizational and computer skills as well as exceptional interpersonal skills.
1. Provide quotes in a timely manner to requestor.
2. Accurately open work orders
3. Provide customers with repair updates in a manner to meet customer expectations
4. Participate in daily shop walks, meeting with lead(s)/supervisors/managers to ensure a communication flow
5. Maintain updated quotes throughout the repair process
6. Communicate with the credit department to ensure payment
7. Accurately review and upload service reports
8. Accurately prepare and provide customers a proforma/invoice in a timely manner
9. Ensure proforma/invoice customer receives is accurate, correct grammar, and matches quotes
10. Maintain assigned WIP in a manner to align with department Metrics
11. Create and maintain a flat rate manual
12. When available utilize standard jobs and prototypes
13. Participate in department projects as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Must have two (2) year’s general office experience.
2. Must be able to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills.
3. Must have three (3) to five (5) years of customer service, relationship building and/or Sales experience.
4. Must have three (3) to five (5) years of heavy equipment parts/service experience.
5. PC skills are required.
6. Must have a valid California Class C Driver’s License.
7. Must have above average communication skills.
8. Strong work ethic, flexibility, ability to work at a fast pace and under pressure preferred.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
1. Walking and moving about on foot often through uneven terrain.
2. Handling: Picks up items, helps or works with hands.
3. Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts.
4. Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
5. Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
6. Standing: Remains in standing position. If required to perform various functions of the job.
7. Climbing: In and out of equipment.
8. Vision: Read work tickets and parts books.
9. Talking: Communications by radio, phone, and in person.
10. Sitting: Sits in equipment and in vehicles
1. Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
2. Temp/Weather: Works in a warehouse and outside with variations of temperature and weather.
3. Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.
Service Coordinator, Service Advisor, Service Consultant, Service Communicator, Automotive Service Advisor, Customer Service Advisor, Auto Repair Advisor