EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Read and understand service manuals.
- Ability to troubleshoot the need for repairs on tools.
- Tool repair without use of manuals.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- PC skills.
TESTING REQUIREMENTS: Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking and moving about on foot often.
- Hands/arms operating equipment, hand and power tools.
- Handling: Seizes, helps or works with hands.
- Lifting: Raises or lowers miscellaneous equipment parts and tools.
- Reaching: Extends hands and arms in any direction.
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist.
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required for certain repair or maintenance work.
- Climbing: Up and down to access bulk oil containers.
- Vision: Read work tickets, parts and service manuals.
- Talking: Communications by radio, phone and in person.
- Hearing: Hears well enough to discern mechanical problems for safety in and around shop and to receive communication by radio, phone and in person.
- Lifting: Some heavy lifting, up to 50lbs.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temperatures/Weather: Works in & outdoors with variations of temperature and weather.
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.